At the beginning of Remnant 2, you will be given the choice of selecting your first Archetype. This will be the Archetype you use for most of the early game, at least until you unlock the secondary Archetype slot. This will give you the chance to equip a second Archetype alongside your primary one, allowing for a dual Archetype setup. The primary way of equipping a second Archetype in Remnant 2 is to acquire and use Engrams, which are purchasable items.
However, in order to receive an Engram, you need to perform a series of steps first. Below, you can read my guide to find out exactly what you need to do to acquire Engrams in Remnant 2.
Getting Engrams in Remnant 2
First off, you will need to max out your beginning Archetype in Remnant 2, which means getting it to level 10. Once this is done, you need to visit Wallace in Ward 13 near the docks. Wallace sells Engrams that allows you to run a dual Archetype setup or simply swap out your existing Archetype.
However, before you can purchase an Engram from Wallace, he needs a special item. This special item can be exchanged with Wallace for a certain Engram that gives you access to a new Archetype. You can see what Engrams require which special items below:
- Alchemist – Acquire the Mysterious Stone by defeating the Bone Collector in Losomn
- Challenger – Purchase the Old Metal item from Reggie in Ward 13
- Engineer – Acquire the Alien Device from the Eon Vault in N’Erud
- Explorer – Acquire the Broken Compass by defeating Annihilation at the end of the game
- Gunslinger – Find through completing main story quests
- Handler – Purchase the Old Whistle from Mudtooth in Ward 13
- Hunter – Purchase the Rusty Medal from Brabus in Ward 13
- Medic – Purchase the Medic Pin from Norah in Ward 13
- Summoner – Acquire the Faded Grimoire from the Bloodmoon Altar
Once you have found the special item for the Archetype you want, trade it with Wallace and receive that Engram in exchange. However, you will also need other materials to exchange the item for an Engram, so be prepared for that as well. Once you successfully trade for the Engram, you can equip that in either Archetype slot in Remnant 2.