League of Legends
Call of Duty
Spirit Ash summons are one of the new mechanics that developer FromSoftware implemented in Elden Ring. While some players think they’re solely in the game to make fights easier, they’re completely optional to use and interesting combat strategies can be developed around a certain summons. Of course, in order to start developing those strategies, you need to know where you can find summons in Elden Ring.
Unlike the network test of the game, Spirit Ash summons aren’t readily found at a merchant’s shop or in early chests. This means you’ll need to venture across the Lands Between in order to find the summons that you want to use in combat. Luckily, we know of some locations that hold Spirit Ashes, so you can find them within the first dozen hours or so of Elden Ring.
Finding Spirit Ash summons in Elden Ring
Like almost everything in Elden Ring, the easiest way to come across Spirit Ashes is to explore the map. Look in every nook and cranny for a dungeon, cave or side activity. These will almost always result in you earning some kind of reward, with a new summons being a common item to receive.
However, if you’re looking for specific locations, there are several that we’ve come across so far. Some of these are located in the starting region of Limgrave, while others will need to be found later on in the game.
- Renna the Witch – Lone Wolves Ashes (talking to the NPC at the Church of Elleh)
- Stormfoot Catacombs in Limgrave – Wandering Noble Ashes (on dead body)
- Stormfoot Catacboms in Limgrave – Noble Sorcerer Ashes (defeating boss)
- Sofria River – Ancestral Follower Ashes (defeating boss)
- Stormhill Shack/Roundtable Hold – Spirit Jellyfish Ashes (keep talking to Rodericka)
- Cliffbottom Catacombs in Liurnia – Kaiden Sellsword Ashes (defeating boss)
- Graveyard in west Stormhill – Godrick Soldier Ashes (on a grave)
- Impaler’s Catacombs in Weeping Penisula – Demi-Human Ashes (defeating boss)
- Road End’s Catacombs in southwest Liurnia – Raya Lucaria Soldier Ashes (on a dead body)
- Road End’s Catacombs in southwest Liurnia – Glintstone Sorcerer Ashes (defeating boss)
- Black Knife Catacombs in northeast Liurnia – Twinsage Sorcerer Ashes (defeating boss)
- Tombsward Catacombs in Weeping Peninsula – Lhutel the Headless (defeating boss)
These are the majority of the Spirit Ashes that you will come across in the early stages of Elden Ring. Some require serious FP to summon but these are often more powerful than their lesser counterparts. There are more summons throughout the map, though, so don’t stop exploring in Elden Ring just because you have a couple of summons in your arsenal.
If you want to read about every and anything Elden Ring, check out Upcomer’s guide hub for the game.
Joey Carr is a full-time writer for multiple esports and gaming websites. He has 6+ years of experience covering esports and traditional sporting events, including DreamHack Atlanta, Call of Duty Championships 2017, and Super Bowl 53.