If you’ve played Minecraft, one of your first instincts in LEGO Fortnite will be herding up a bunch of cows and sheep and making yourself a farm. The process isn’t straightforward, and the game definitely doesn’t tell you how to lure animals.
To be honest, I actually thought it wasn’t possible at all, and convinced myself that you simply couldn’t do it. Of course, that’s not the case, but rather than stumble upon it by accident like I did, here’s how to do it properly.
Table of Contents
- Can you lure animals in LEGO Fortnite?
- How to lure animals in LEGO Fortnite
- Why should you make an animal farm?
Can you lure animals in LEGO Fortnite?
Yes, you can lure animals in LEGO Fortnite. However, it’s not exactly as you would imagine. Having played Minecraft for over a decade, I spent ages walking around with seeds in my hands, trying to get animals to follow behind me.
Obviously, that’s not how you do it, but it is definitely possible.
How to lure animals in LEGO Fortnite
You need to treat animals in LEGO Fortnite as if you were trying to lure someone to a cardboard box trap in a cartoon: Put something they like to eat on the ground.
- Related: Every biome in LEGO Fortnite
For animals, this could be vines, berries, or even corn. Get a bunch in your inventory, find the animals that you want to capture, and start moving them.
- Gather your lures, whether it be vines, berries, or corn.
- Find a group of animals that you want to capture. This could be cows, sheep, or chickens, depending on your needs.
- Build a pen to hold your animals so they don’t escape using fences.
- Starting dropping the vines, berries, or corn. You want to drop them one by one, so it creates a path back to your pen. You’ll animals are attracted to the drop when question marks appear above their head.
- Continue dropping lures until all the animals you want have made it into the pen, then place a fence to close it up, trapping them in.
Why should you make an animal farm?
There are some key benefits to building a farm for yourself. Each animal gives specific items when petted. Chickens give eggs, sheep give wool, and cows give milk. These can be essential in your crafting, with eggs and milk used in food recipes, while wool is used as a base ingredient in many items.
Because of that, you don’t want to have to go hunting for wild herds of these animals every time you need something. Having them penned up near your village makes the harvesting process an absolute breeze, and will save you considerable time.
Now that you have an animal farm set up, check out our guide on how to make a crop farm in LEGO Fortnite.