Gyms are one of the main aspects of Pokémon Scarlet and Violet to be drastically altered from the previous mainline entries of the franchise. While the concept of Gyms is still in place and hasn’t changed much, the execution of them has. Instead of doing one, linear circle or line across the map, players now have the freedom to explore freely. This means that they could enter a low-level Gym one minute and then be thrust into a high-level Gym the next.
While players are free to try and complete the Gyms in any order they wish, there is a set path that players should consider taking. This path will act as a normal Gym route, placing the easiest Gym at the first spot and then working towards the highest-level Gym. Of course, if you’ve played any Pokémon Scarlet and Violet, then you know regular Gyms aren’t the only test players have anymore; there are also Titan Pokémon to deal with as well as Team Star bases.
We’ll list the entire order of the Gyms and other major story beats that players can follow for a smooth experience in Pokémon Scarlet and Violet.
Pokémon Scarlet and Violet Gyms List
If you’re strictly looking to take on Pokémon Scarlet and Violet according to your team’s level, then here’s the order you want to follow:
- Cortondo Gym – Katy (Bug) (Level 15)
- South Province (Area Three) – Klawf Titan (Rock) (Level 16)
- Artazon – Brassius (Grass) (Level 17)
- West Province (Area One) – Bombirdier Titan (Flying/Dark) (Level 19)
- West Province (Area One) – Levincia (Electric) (Level 24)
- East Province (Area One) – Team Star Leader Mela (Fire) (Level 27)
- East Province (Area Three) – Othworm Titan (Steel) (Level 28)
- Cascarrafa – Kofu (Water) (Level 30)
- Tagtree Thicket – Team Star Leader Atticus (Poison) (Level 33)
- Medali – Larry (Normal) (Level 36)
- Montenevera – Ryme (Ghost) (Level 42)
- Asado Desert – Donphan Titan (Ground) (Level 44)
- Alfornada – Tulip (Psychic) (Level 45)
- Glaseado – Grush (Ice) (Level 51)
- Casseroya Lake – Dondozo and Tatsugiri Titans (Water) (Level 55)
- North Province (Area One) – Team Star Leader Eri (Fighting) (Level 56)
After players have completed all of these Gym leaders and other bosses, they can take on the Elite Four in Pokémon Scarlet and Violet.