The latest patch for TFT Set 8 is here, with patch 13.4 providing a lot of in-game and cosmetic changes to the latest set. On top of a lot of buffs and nerfs, we have Chibi Ahri joining the Little Legends squad, alongside the special Star Guardian Ahri version. While a lot of changes are coming, some of the biggest ones include a buff to the A.D.M.I.N. trait as well as a nerf to Sureshot.
🌟 Patch 13.4 🌟
Over 30 Hero Augment balance adjustments, changes to player damage and Component Anvils, and Chibi Star Guardian Ahri—you could say 13.4 is our belated Valentine’s day present from us to you!
— Teamfight Tactics (@TFT) February 22, 2023
Cosmetic additions for TFT Patch 13.4
To start, let’s go over the new cosmetic additions in Patch 13.4. As mentioned earlier, a new champion is getting their Chibi version to use for TFT. This time, the unique variant of the champion is her Star Guardian form, one fans will recognize from the popular skin in League of Legends.
The regular Chibi Ahri is available for 1900 RP in the store, alongside her unique Boom. Much like the other variants, Star Guardian Ahri has a unique finisher and is only available via the Opulent Jewels loot bag until Patch 13.6 is released. The regular Chibi Ahri will stay in the store a little longer, past Patch 13.6.
Alongside the Ahri Little Legends, new Furyhorn variants will also be available from loot bags, focused around the Star Guardian theme.
Gameplay changes for TFT Set 8 Patch 13.4
This patch is a big one, with plenty of hero, item and augment changes coming soon. To start, let’s go over the hero changes.
For one-cost units, we have changes coming to Lulu, Galio and Gangplank. Lulu’s Glitterlance does slightly more damage now, from 260/390/580 to 270/405/605. Galio’s shield from his ability Outta My Way is better in the early game, from 200/240/280 to 225/250/275. Lastly, Gangplank’s Trial by Fire ability no longer cleanses Crowd Control when used.
For two-cost units, Malphite and Fiora are both getting buffs. Malphite has increased health, from 700 to 800, as well as a more powerful Ground Slam, from 140/210/325 to 150/225/350. As for Fiora, her En Garde ability now reduces more damage, from 15% to 20%.
Three-cost unit changes are highlighted by a bug fix for Jax, giving him proper scaling with AP throughout fights. To compensate for that buff, he gets a nerf for his damage, from 110/165/285 to 80/125/210. Kai’Sa also gets a change for her attack speed bonus, no longer changing based on her level, from 40/45/55% to 45/45/45%. LeBlanc also gets some significant changes, with her ability doing more damage both with and without items. Her Sigil of Malice goes from 85/105/130 to 75/110/135, and total damage from 425/630/1040 to 450/669/1080. Lastly, her number of sigils for her ability is better, from 5/6/8 to 6/6/8.
Four-cost units get the most changes in these patch notes. Aurelion Sol gets better Meteor Shower damage, from 145/215/435 to 155/230/450. Bel’Veth gets less damage, from 80 to 75, but has better dash selection. Soraka has improved Starcall damage, from 225/340/750 to 235/350/750. Taliyah’s Weaver’s Wall is improved in multiple ways, from regular damage going up from 70/100/250 to 75/115/275 and the wall explosion damage increasing from 210/315/945 to 225/335/999. Lastly, Zed gets some buffs, increasing his health from 950 to 1000, his Kill Mode Spin Attack Damage ratio from 125% to 135% and his Sunder duration from 6/6/6 to 7/7/7.
Finally, with the five-cost units, Aphelios gets another patch where his abilities change. This time, his Gravitum gun goes from the attack damage ratio of 130/130/800% to 140/140/800%. His Infernum gun does from 275/275/1500% to 260/260/1500%, a little nerf. However, his Severum gun gets a significant buff, from 300/300/2000% to 320/320/1500% as well as an increasing number of targets, from 2/2/2 to 2/2/10. Urgot gets the other changes for these expensive units, with a health nerf from 1100 to 1000 as well as an Armor and Magic Resist nerf from 50 to 40. He also gets a nerf to his Undertow ability, doing less max health percentage as damage, from 10/15/99% to 5/8/75%.
Augment changes in TFT Patch 13.4
As for augments, there are a ton of changes for both Hero Augments and the regular ones.
Hero augment changes
- Ashe – Laser Focus Attack Speed: 45% to 50%
- Blitzcrank – Rocket Grab starting Health: 300 to 400
- Gangplank – Carry Bounce Damage: 100% to 90%
- Lulu – Growth Spurt Health Per Cast: 125 to 100
- Lux – Illuminating Singularity Damage Increase: 150% to 135%
- Nasus – Stacks on Stacks starting Attack Damage: 10% to 15%
- Poppy – Bigger, Better, Buckler bonus Armor: 200 to 180
- Renekton – Reign of Anger base Attack Speed: 75% to 65%
- Sylas – Kingslayer bonus Damage: 40% to 35%
- Camille – Hextech Retribution starting bonus Damage: 10% to 8%
- Malphite – Rock Solid Armor to Ability Power: 150% to 180%
- Yasuo – Spirit of the Exile Bonus Attack Speed: 25% to 22%
- Yuumi – Zoomies! bonus Attack Speed: 20% to 22%
- Nilah – Gifted Bonus Ability Power: 40 to 45
- LeBlanc – Mirror Image Clone max Health Percent: 70% to 75%
- Nilah – Jubilant Veil Allies Crowd Control Immunity: 4 to 5
- Nilah – Jubilant Veil Allies Crowd Control Immunity duration: 20 to 30 sec
- Riven – Reverberation Bonus Ability Power 20 to 15
- Sona – Undercurrent Allies Given Mana: 2 to 3
- Vayne – Spread Shot spread Damage: 75% to 65%
- Vel’Koz – Frostburn burn Damage: 300% to 400%
- Vel’Koz – Frozen Tundra Attack Speed Slow Duration: 8 to 10 sec
- Zoe – Double Bubble Damage Multiplier: 60% to 70%
- Zoe – Sleepy Time Number of Sleepy Targets: 3 to 4
- Aurelion Sol – Extinction Event bonus Ability Power: 10 to 15
- Ekko – Resonance Magic Resistance Bonus Damage: 300% to 400%
- Miss Fortune – Make It Rain Stage 3 Gold: 10 to 8
- Sejuani – Shatter Bonus Damage: 20% to 33%
- Zed – Shadow Jutsu Starting Attack Damage: 15% to 20%
- Zed – Contempt for the Weak Attack Damage Steal: 15% to 20%
- Aphelios – Locked and Loaded base Attack Damage %: 10 to 5
- Janna – Category Five Ability Power: 50 to 80
- Nunu – They See Me Rolling bonus Ability Power: 20 to 25
- Nunu – Contagious Laughter starting Ability Power: 10 to 20
- Syndra – Power Overwhelming bonus Stats (AP, AD, Armor, and MR): 80 to 100
Regular Augment changes
- Ancient Archives I Gold: 2 to 4
- Anima Squad Crown now grants a Protector’s Vow.
- Big Friend II Damage Reduction: 12% to 10%
- Built Different III Health: 225/300/375/450 to 250/350/450/550
- Cybernetic Shell III Armor: 40 to 50
- Cybernetic Uplink III Mana per second: 3 to 3.5
- Gadgeteen Heart Tier Gold to Silver and now grants a Poppy.
- Electrocharge III Damage: 95/125/155/185 to 100/135/170/205
- Gadgeteen Crest added at Gold, grants a Gadgeteen Emblem and an Annie.
- Gadgeteen Soul is replaced by Gadgeteen Crown: now grants a Gadgeteen Emblem rather than giving +1 Gadgeteen.
- High-End Shopping Gold: 10 to 3
- Knife’s Edge III Attack Damage: 45% to 55%
- LaserCorps Heart Silver Tier to Gold Tier
- LaserCorps Crest Removed
- Threat Level Maximum Health per Threat: 75 to 60
Last but not least, here is a list of all the item changes in Patch 13.4.
- Bloodthirster Attack Damage: 10% to 20%
- Chalice of Power starting Mana: 15 to 30
- Deathblade Attack Damage: 60% to 66%
- Gargoyle’s Stoneplate starting Armor & Magic Resistance: 20 to 30
- Hand of Justice base Omnivamp: 10% to 15%
- Hextech Gunblade Omnivamp: 25% to 22%
- Morellonomicon Ability Power: 20 to 25
- Protector’s Vow starting Mana: 30 to 45
- Quicksilver Magic Resist: 20 to 30
- Sunfire Cape Health: 300 to 250
- Zeke’s Herald Health: 150 to 250
Polish-Canadian game enthusiast. I've been entrenched in gaming for as long as I can remember, with my first game being Pokemon Yellow and my most played games being Borderlands 2 and Overwatch. I have a degree in Film Studies, but writing about esports just makes my job all the better.