League of Legends
Call of Duty
A new Dev Drop today revealed new information about the upcoming Mid-Set update for Teamfight Tactics (TFT). The Dev Drop revealed 14 new Champions, two new traits, and additional information about the upcoming update. Here’s what you need to know.
New TFT Champions
Champions are the most important and exciting part of TFT, and the Mid-Set update will add 14 new ones. Several of these will have existing traits, but the majority will have one of two new traits, Astro and Battlecast. Here are the new Champions with existing traits:
- Vayne: Cybernetic/Sniper, three gold
- Zed: Rebel/Infiltrator, two gold
- Riven: Chrono/Blademaster, four gold
- Janna: Star Guardian/Paragon, five gold
The first new trait is Astro. There are four Astro units, and having three of them will reduce all Astro units’ mana costs by 30. Here they are:
- Nautilus: Astro/Vanguard, two gold
- Bard: Astro/Mystic, three gold
- Gnar: Astro/Brawler, four gold
- Teemo: Astro/Sniper, four gold
The second new trait to TFT is Battlecast. This trait will heal units or deal additional damage when they take or deal 10 instances of damage. Units above half health will deal extra damage, and units below half health will heal. Having 2/4/6 Battlecast units will determine whether this amount is 75/150/225, respectively. Here are the units:
- Illaoi: Battlecast/Brawler, one gold
- Nocturne: Battlecast/Infiltrator, two gold
- Kog’Maw: Battlecast/Blaster, two gold
- Cassiopeia: Battlecast/Mystic, three gold
- Viktor: Battlecast/Sorcerer, four gold
- Urgot: Battlecast/Protector, five gold
Old Champions rotating out
In addition to getting new Champions, TFT will also lose some old ones. All Void units and Valkyrie units will be departing. This means Kha’Zix, Cho’Goth, Vel’Koz, Kai’Sa, Kayle, and Miss Fortune will all be gone. Sona, Kassadin, and Lux will also rotate out.
The TFT Galaxies gameplay you know and love is getting a cosmic makeover courtesy of the…
🌌🚀Galaxies Mid-Set Update!🚀🌌
A whole new adventure awaits, with worlds of fresh content to explore including new champs, traits, and more!
— Teamfight Tactics (@TFT) May 26, 2020
These changes should be live on the PBE soon. They will undoubtedly bring many changes to the game and the meta. Make sure to stay tuned for updated guides to keep your rank up!