Since releasing in 2020, VALORANT has become one of the most-played video games on the market. Its addictive gameplay and being free-to-play have captivated the gaming community. Veteran players have mostly stuck around and are still playing to this day while new players are downloading VALORANT for the first time in 2023.
While many players will only have good things to say about Riot Games’ FPS shooter, some players simply aren’t meant to keep playing it. If VALORANT has fallen out of favor with you, then you will likely want to uninstall the game.
Though you can always keep VALORANT downloaded on your PC, some users might need the freed-up storage space on their hard drive. Other users who have had some rough times simply won’t want anything more to do with VALORANT, leading to the uninstall. However, the process of uninstalling VALORANT can be complicated if you don’t know exactly what you’re doing.
How to Uninstall VALORANT in 2023
First and foremost, you’ll need to exit out of Riot Games’ anti-cheat software, Vanguard. To do that, read the instructions below:
- Click on your system tray in the bottom right of your Windows task bar (the up arrow icon)
- Right-click on the Vanguard icon
- Press “Quit”
With Vanguard no longer running on your PC, you can now complete the process of uninstalling VALORANT. Here’s how:
- Open your Windows task bar search bar
- Type in “Uninstall” and click the option that says “Add or remove programs”
- In the Settings menu, scroll all the way down until you see VALORANT
- Click on its box in the menu and then click “Uninstall” in the bottom right of the box
- Follow the prompts to ensure its fully uninstalled
If you’ve done everything correctly, then VALORANT and the Vanguard software should be completely removed from your system.
Joey Carr is a full-time writer for multiple esports and gaming websites. He has 6+ years of experience covering esports and traditional sporting events, including DreamHack Atlanta, Call of Duty Championships 2017, and Super Bowl 53.