There are certain camo challenges in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 that are meant to be difficult. One of those challenges requires you to get two or more kills while not releasing the trigger, which is found on the light machine guns in MW3.
This challenges is the Gilded challenge for all three of the LMGs in multiplayer, and it is quite hard, especially if you don’t necessarily understand the challenge. It took me several games to get the Pulemyot 762 Gilded because I kept messing the challenge up. So to ensure you don’t make the same mistakes as I did, you can check out the guide below to see how to get kills while not releasing the trigger.
Getting kills while not releasing the trigger in MW3
To start, let’s go over the purpose of this challenge. It’s basically asking you to not let go of the firing button until you get two kills. The easiest way to do this is to get one kill and then keep holding the trigger until you find a second kill.
Obviously, if you can secure a bunch of quick double kills, then this camo challenge will be a breeze. However, getting fast double kills is much easier said than done, and more often than not, you won’t be able to rely on getting those consistently.
The best way I was able to complete this challenge was to follow the steps below:
- First, equip the largest magazine possible on the weapon you’re using.
- Then, build out your loadout the same way you normally would.
- With your loadout set, hop into any game mode you feel comfortable in. However, if you want an easier time with this challenge, I recommend going into Hardcore, as you can one-shot kill most enemies.
- In your game mode, look for one kill first. Once you get it and if you didn’t release the trigger, keep holding down the trigger and immediately look for a second kill.
- You want to let go of the aiming button during this process, so your gun will be hipfiring the entire time.
- Once you see a second enemy, aim back down sights with the trigger still held and kill the enemy.
- After you kill a second enemy, you can release the trigger and repeat the process as many times as needed.
This is the most direct way of completing this challenge in MW3. It’s certainly not easy and will likely take you a few matches, but you will eventually be able to complete it if you can manage to string a couple of kills together.