It’s no secret that Helldivers 2 has had its issues over the launch weekend, but thanks to the dev’s hard work and a new patch, many of the biggest problems have been resolved.
On Feb 12, Helldivers 2 received a new patch dubbed 01.000.005, and this mostly consisted of bug fixes, but there are a few other changes that should help smooth out the overall experience. While the patch notes were officially shared for PC, PlayStation gamers also received the same patch at the same time.
Complete Helldivers 2 Patch 01.000.005 notes and changes
Helldivers 2 Patch 01.000.005 has fixed many of the issues that were plaguing the game related to server and progression problems. A lot of players will be familiar with these as they ultimately led to servers being pulled offline over the weekend.
The Helldivers 2 team says that they stemmed from the influx of players attempting to play the game, which isn’t a surprise. Since its launch, Helldivers 2 has been a breakout hit on both PC and PlayStation, so the servers were naturally going to struggle to keep up.
Here is a full list of the changes that were rolled out with Patch 01.000.005 via the Helldivers 2 team on Steam:
- Server Capacity and log in access:
- We have eased the authentication request overall.
- We have improved error message visibility and added a countdown timer to clearly show when a new attempt will be made.
- Progression and mission reward not being granted:
- We fixed the daily and difficulty progression error
- Based on the testing we have done we believe we have fixed future mission rewards but will continue to monitor this closely as it is our top priority
- To compensate for lost rewards, we are working on an increased reward event
While this is a great start for the game and should remedy a lot of its problems, we expect to see plenty more bug fixes in future updates as the Helldivers 2 hype continues to truck on.
About the Author
Ryan is a Senior Staff Writer for Upcomer and has been working at GAMURS since 2020. He covers a wide variety of titles from across the gaming and entertainment space, and can also be found on Dot Esports and We Got This Covered. He boasts a degree in Journalism from Murdoch University.