League of Legends
Call of Duty
The latest update for Hearthstone, Tuesday’s patch 23.0.3, features balance updates to Standard and Wild alongside changes to Battlegrounds.
Kael’thas Sunstrider reversion and Switcheroo ban
Kael’thas Sunstrider received a textbox reversion in Hearthstone making every third spell cast each turn cost 1 mana. As for Switcheroo, the card is banned in Wild and now swamps the health of two minions.
“Both of these changes are aimed at protecting the long-term health of the format,” Edward “Gallon” Goodwin, Hearthstone Associate Game Designer, explained on Twitter.
Kael’thas is getting a textbox revert to Every third spell you cast each turn costs (1).
Switcheroo is banned. (Alongside a change in standard.)
Both of these changes are aimed at protecting the long-term health of the format. 2/9
— Gallon (@GallonHS) April 22, 2022
Meanwhile, Kazakusan received a change to his Battlecry. Instead of requiring a deck of Dragon minions to craft a custom deck of treasures, Kazakusan now requires players to play four other Dragons in a game.
Miracle Growth, meanwhile, now costs an additional mana. Next, Secure the Supplies from the Warrior Questline requires playing three Pirates. Additionally, Pufferfist got nerfed as it’s now a 3/3 instead of a 3/4.
- Kazakusan → New: Battlecry: If you played 4 other Dragons this game, craft a custom deck of treasures.
- Miracle Growth → New: [Costs 8]
- Secure the Supplies → New: Play 3 Pirates.
- Pufferfist → New: 3 Attack, 3 Health
- Kael’thas Sunstrider → New: Every third spell you cast each turn costs (1).
- Switcheroo → New: Draw 2 minions. Swap their Health.
These cards, with the exception of the uncraftable Kael’thas Sunstrider, are available for full dust refunds until May 12, according to Blizzard.
Hearthstone Battlegrounds updates
As for the Hearthstone Battlegrounds game mode, Ini Stormcoil’s Hero Power and Varden Dawngrasp’s Buddy received updates. While MechGyver got nerfed, Aquarrior changed in terms of Tavern Tier and stats.
- MechGyver (Ini Stormcoil’s Hero Power) → New: Passive: After 12 friendly minions die, get a random Mech.
- Aquarrior (Varden Dawngrasp’s Buddy) → New: [Tavern Tier 3] 3 Attack, 6 Health.
Additionally, Battlegrounds minions SI:Sefin, Coldlight Seer and Baby Krush received the following changes:
- SI:Sefin → New: Avenge (4): Give a friendly Murloc Poisonous permanently.
- Coldlight Seer Old → New: [Tavern Tier 4]
- Baby Krush → New: 6 Attack, 6 Health. Whenever this attacks, summon an 8/8 Devilsaur to attack the target first.
Duels updates and more Hearthstone patch notes
Multiple cards in Duels received changes as well, including a mana increase to Humble Blessings, Valorous Display, Scales of Justice and Ol’ Faithful. Meanwhile, Academic Research, the Tempest’s Fury weapon and the Power Up! Hero Power received the following updates:
- Academic Research → New: Gain 1 empty Mana Crystal. (Upgrades each time a friendly minion dies).
- Tempest’s Fury → New: [Costs 4] 3 Attack, 3 Durability
- Power Up! → New: Give a minion Divine & Windfury. Overload: (1)
Moreover, cards like Electra Stormsurge and Twinbow Terrorcoil now only work on spells cast from the hand. Players also got Lokholar if they should have received it alongside their new or returning player deck selection. Bugs that prevent progression within Bob’s Bazaar in Tombs of Terror were fixed as well. As for Unstable Evolution’s text, it now has the Echo keyword shown on it.
Amy Chen is an esports journalist and enthusiast who specializes in in-depth interviews and breaking news. A University of Toronto and Humber College graduate, she is passionate about building up the Canadian esports industry. Her current favorite games are Hearthstone and Heroes of the Storm, and she has always had a soft spot for World of Warcraft!