League of Legends
Call of Duty
With the v10.20 update came a multitude of leaks that give us insight into what Fortnite has planned next. As with most major updates, Epic Games puts certain files in the game so they’re ready to implement on a moment’s notice. This practice involves upcoming cosmetics, future events, and weekly challenges, which is what we’re covering here. The Fortnite Week 5 challenges for Season X were found in the game files. Today we’ll look at those challenges and go over ways to complete them.
The Fortnite Season X Week 5 challenges
Most of the time, Epic Games will put two weeks’ worth of challenges into the game files. This is only with major updates, however, so content updates won’t include these. In the v10.20 update, we are able to see Week 5’s challenges ahead of when they’re slated to release.
Thanks to @ShiinaBR on Twitter, we get a full look at the Week 5 challenges in Fortnite Season X.
- Land in Dusty Depot, then visit the Meteor in a single match
- Harvest materials at the Block (0/300)
- Land at a run down Hero Mansion and an abandoned Villian Lair
- Deal damage while being affected by low gravity (0/250)
- Search between a basement film camera, a snowy stone head and a flashy gold big rig
- Consume fruit, mushrooms, or glitched foraged items
- Claim vending machines in different matches
Battle Pass Challenges
- Eliminations at Dusty Depot or the Meteor (0/3)
- Search chests or ammo boxes at the Block (0/3)
- Deal damage with explosive weapons (0/500)
- Search between a rotary phone, a fork-knife, and a hilltop house full of Carbide and Omega posters
- Consume fruit, mushrooms, or glitched foraged items in a single match (0/8)
- Harvest materials at the Block or Dusty Depot in a single match (0/300)
Like every week, the Battle Pass challenges are a bit tougher than the Free challenges. However, most challenges coincide with one another. For example, harvesting materials at the Block can be done in one match to complete both a Free and Battle Pass challenge.
There are some tasks that will require special attention, however. The “search between” challenges, in particular, are always tough to figure out. Make sure to keep checking back here at Daily Esports for guides on how to complete both of those challenges.
The Season Week 5 challenges will go live tomorrow, Thursday, Aug 29 at 11:00 a.m. ET.
Make sure to stay tuned to Daily Esports all Week 5 challenge guides and Fortnite Season X coverage!
Joey Carr is a full-time writer for multiple esports and gaming websites. He has 6+ years of experience covering esports and traditional sporting events, including DreamHack Atlanta, Call of Duty Championships 2017, and Super Bowl 53.