The holiday season is now right around the corner, but Epic Games has dropped one final Fortnite patch on December 19 for us to enjoy before they go on their Christmas break. While not a big one, this update makes changes to movement, along with some nice quality-of-life tweaks.
The patch isn’t going to change the game completely, but it will make life a lot nicer, especially for players who were frustrated with the movement in the game. A controversial change when Chapter 5 Season 1 started, Epic has taken steps to try and improve things for players.
Table of Contents
Fortnite Battle Royale
According to the official notes from Epic, the developers have increased movement speed when crouching and running. To help with this, they have also reduced camera movement while moving, and also tweaked the camera view when players are sprinting.
To top it all off, they’ve also updated movement animations so things don’t look weird with your new sprint speed.
Quality of Life changes
The December 19 patch also brings a number of quality-of-life improvements:
- Medallion Readability: Medallions now stand out more on the map, making them easier to see.
- Night Visibility: Areas of the map have been brightened as they were too dark at night.
- Storm Visibility: Epic has improved visibility at the Storm’s edge so it’s easier to tell how close it is.
- Weapon Icons: The icons for the Frenzy Auto Shotgun and Thunder Burst SMG have been updated after fan complaints that they were too similar.
There were only two changes in LEGO Fortnite:
- Food: Epic has tweaked the hunger that certain foods give you to help fill your hunger bars.
- Cave bug fix: A bug in LEGO Fortnite was causing players who die in a cave to lose their items. This has now been fixed.
- Long Queue Times: Epic is working on long queue times to help you get into races faster.
- Collisions: Following complaints from the community, Epic has toned down collisions to make them less punishing.
- Missing song library: An error that caused players to see an empty song library in the Main Stage has now been fixed.
- Fall Damage: Fall damage has now been disabled backstage at the Main Stage.
- Restart Song: Epic has disabled this feature while they fix an error that made the game unresponsive.
- Leaderboards: Leaderboards will now stop posting incorrect leaderboard scores.
With plenty of more updates coming, check out when Fortnite Chapter 5, Season 2 starts.