Innersloth announced the latest Among Us update featuring a lengthy list of game additions on Tuesday. The release is the first significant update to Among Us since the “Vent Cleaning” update in June 2021. According to the development team, v.2021.11.09 is the game’s largest update yet and is available on all supporting platforms.
🚨 ROLES & COSMICUBES – OUT NOW 🚨
Our biggest update just dropped. A whole new level of deception in v2021.11.9 with:
⭐️ Roles: Shapeshifter, Guardian Angel, Engineer, Scientist
⭐️ New unlockable cosmetics & Cosmicubes
All info: https://t.co/WV8KJLr6z6 pic.twitter.com/4u7zg0ngVr
— Among Us (@AmongUsGame) November 9, 2021
New player roles
Since October, Innersloth has been communicating with its community on upcoming updates. In late October, devs released a “Role Peek: The Shapeshifter” blog, teasing one proposed new role. Titled an “Impostor Role,” the Shapeshifter allows the impostor to disguise themselves as any other crewmate.
New Crewmate roles:
- Scientist: Continuous vital access, completes tasks to recharge your battery
- Engineer: Vent access
- Guardian Angel: Ability to cast a protection shield around remaining crewmates
The latest update introduces Cosmicubes, a special-themed cosmetic cube with more unique and detailed contents than typical cosmetics. There are different Cosmicubes players can buy using Beans and Stars. Cosmicubes are tied to Pods, which can only be earned through active gameplay.
- Beans: In-game resource awarded through normal online gameplay. It can be used to redeem cosmetics and some Cosmicubes.
- Stars: Premium currency resource purchased with money. Stars can be purchased in-game and are used to obtain special items and some Cosmicubes.
- Pods: Acquired through gameplay if you have an active Cosmicube. Cosmicubes and their contents are tied to particular pods.
- XP: Experience points are awarded through playtime and are only used for character leveling. Reaching a new level awards multiplier bonuses for Beans and Pods.
Achievements, account linking, and more
Innersloth will now allow players to link their Among Us accounts across different platforms. This means players will be able to access their in-game cosmetics across all platform accounts. The devs stated that most players should be able to log in and link their accounts quickly. However, Innersloth posts a warning stressing the importance of following all in-game instructions carefully “to make sure you don’t overwrite the wrong account!”
Currently, Nintendo Switch players will only be able to use purchased Stars on the Switch System. Eventually, Innersloth says Pods and Beans purchased on the Switch will be shared across all platforms.
Among Us achievements are now available on all supporting platforms.
- Stats affecting in-game achievements are updated across all platforms.
- Achievements are not transferrable across platforms. In other words, you’ll need to repeat the same actions to unlock the achievement on another platform.
Additional game updates
- Vent action switched to V on the keyboard or the Right Shoulder button on controllers.
- Sabotage map is now accessible by pressing TAB on keyboards or Left Trigger on controllers.
- To access the action for special roles, press F on keyboards or Right Trigger on controllers.
Next up on the horizon for Among Us players is the PlayStation and Xbox launch scheduled for December 14.
Minna Adel Rubio is an esports journalist with an interest in first-person-shooter games. She specializes in class-based, arena, and tactical shooters like Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, Valorant, Overwatch, and Team Fortress 2. Additionally, Minna is a senior CS:GO guides writer at Dignitas and a graduate student. Catch her on Twitter for memes and more content!