VALORANT Patch 4.07 is here, and it features minor adjustments, bug fixes and a new server location. The biggest change is a small nerf that hits the aim-down-sights for the Stinger and the Bulldog. Besides that, Riot Games is continuing their trend of quality-of-life improvements for VALORANT.
Bulldog and Stinger nerfs in VALORANT Patch 4.07
To reiterate, the nerf to the Bulldog and Stinger is very minor. It targets the speed of the ADS on both guns, meaning the time it takes to go from the hip fire mode to the ADS mode.
With the Stinger and Bulldog, players no longer get the accuracy improvements that come with the ADS mode before fully raising the weapon. Players would previously swap to ADS mid-fight to finish off an enemy at range.
Overall, this means players will have to make a more conscious decision to fight in ADS instead of swapping to it during the duel. Players can still fire immediately when swapping back to full auto/hip fire mode from the burst ADS.
Another minor weapon change comes with the ability-based weapons. These include Chamber guns, Jett knives and Raze rocket launcher. Swapping to these weapons can now all be input-queued so they equip after the current action. It’s a minor change that should make the gun swaps feel smoother.
VALORANT Patch 4.07 fixes the following bugs:
- Fixed a bug where Yoru could use a weapon immediately at the end of his ultimate by exploiting an unwanted interaction with ropes
- Fixed a bug where it was possible to defuse the Spike while channeling abilities
- Skye’s Seekers can once again break through the destructible doors on Ascent
- Fixed a bug where comms-restricted players could not listen to team voice chat
- Fixed a bug where players were not always immediately removed from the game after being banned
- Fixed a bug that was causing performance bonuses to show at incorrect times
- Fixed an issue where briefly tapping the “Use Spike” button to plant the Spike could cause you to end up holding the Spike instead of your last equipped weapon
Server, store and social updates
Patch 4.07 adds a new set of servers for Latin America. This should help reduce ping in those regions. These servers are set to go live shortly.
The final two patch notes are decreased load times for the VP purchase page and new detections for different AFK-like behaviors in rotating game modes.
About the Author
Coby Zucker is Upcomer's resident CS:GO writer. He's also played League of Legends at the collegiate level and is a frequent visitor in TFT Challenger Elo. He's a firm believer that Toronto should be the next big esports hub city.