League of Legends
Call of Duty
VALORANT Champions Tour Master 2 double-elimination bracket will have FNATIC, KRÜ Esports, Version1, and Crazy Racoons all playing additional games.
Stage 2 Masters will take place offline in Reykjavík, Iceland and feature ten teams from seven different regions across the globe. Masters 2 will be the first international offline event for VALORANT since it was released almost one year ago. In that year, multiple teams from across the globe started competing to be among the best of the best.
Iceland will be a double-elimination tournament with all teams beginning in the upper bracket. However, four teams will play an additional match due to the ten mismatched teams. FNATIC will face KRÜ Esports and Version1 will face Crazy Racoons in the first round of the upper bracket. The order in which the teams and their regions were decided was randomized according to Riot Games. The remaining six teams will be waiting for their matches in round two after the first-round finishes. All matches will be best of three with a grand final that is best of five. This has been standard for the other tournaments hosted by Riot.
- 10 teams
- All matches best-of-three, grand final best-of-five
Masters 2 competition schedule
Riot Games has outlined what games will take place when so that fans can decide which days their favorite teams play. Master 2 will span across seven days, all taking place in a COVID-19 safe bubble in Iceland. The first five days will house three matches each with day with the last two days having only three matches spread across both. As usual, Sunday, May 30th will host the last match of Masters 2 – the Grand Final.
- Day 1: Monday, May 24, 2021
- -Three matches: (2) Play in Rounds and (1) Upper Round 1
- Day 2: Tuesday, May 25, 2021
- -Three matches: (3) Upper Round 1
- Day 3: Wednesday, May 26, 2021
- -Three matches: (2) Lower Round 1 and (1) Upper Round 2 (semis)
- Day 4: Thursday, May 27, 2021
- Three matches: (1) Upper Round 2 and (2) Lower Round 2
- Day 5: Friday, May 28, 2021
- Three matches: (2) Lower Round 3 and (1) Upper Final
- Day 6: Saturday, May 29, 2021
- Two matches: (1) Lower Semi and (1) Lower Final
- Day 7: Sunday, May 30, 2021
- One match: Grand Final
Masters 2 will house a $600,000 prize pool that will be distributed across the ten teams with first place taking $200,000 for themselves. This is a bigger prize pool than any of the First Strike tournaments that took place in December. Champions Tour points will also be awarded to the top four teams, starting at 400 points and moving down to 250.
Danny Appleford is an esports journalist for Upcomer that started writing for Daily Esports in 2020. He now specializes in articles surrounding League of Legends, Call of Duty, VALORANT and Halo.