In some Pokémon battles, speed is what matters most — despite what our younger selves may have believed. So here are the fastest Pokémon in Pokémon Scarlet and Violet.
The speed stat in Pokémon Scarlet and Violet determines who attacks first, with the highest one in the battle getting that advantage. Especially if you have a type advantage or a move that will hit hard against your opponent, hitting first matters.
Highest speed stat Pokémon in Scarlet and Violet
To start, let’s look at some of the fastest Pokémon in Scarlet and Violet, simply by their base Speed stats:
- Electrode, with base 150 Speed, is the fastest Pokémon
- Dragapult, with base 142 Speed
- Barraskewda and Iron Bundle, both with base 136 Speed
- Flutter Mane, Chien-Pao, and both console-exclusive legendaries Koraidon and Miraidon, all share a base 135 Speed
- Jolteon and the Noice Face version of Eiscue, with 130 base Speed
- Talonflame, with 126 base Speed
- Weavile and Kilowattrel, with base 125 Speed
- Noivern and the final evolution starter Meowscarada, with base 123 Speed
- Cyclizar, with base 121 Speed
- Dugtrio and Wugtrio, both with base 120 Speed
Other great fast Pokémon
While the Pokémon above are the fastest in the game, there are some honorable mentions that are still very fast and useful in battles. For example, one of the new Pokémon in Scarlet and Violet is Gholdengo, a very powerful tank with high speed.
Getting this Pokémon is a challenge, needing to collect a lot of Gimmighoul coins across Paldea to evolve a Gimmighoul to get a Gholdengo. But, its base speed is 84, which is above Pokémon like Gyarados, Dragonite and more. Plus, with the ability to change a Pokémon’s Nature in this generation, you can bump up its speed even further.
Another great Pokémon, this one with just over 100 base Speed, is Garchomp. Consistently a powerful Pokémon, their base speed is 102. This makes Garchomp faster than Charizard, Salamence, Staraptor and more.
Last but not least, Hawlucha is an underrated Pokémon for Speed reasons. The Flying/Fighting type has a base Speed of 118, just in the top 20 fastest Pokémon in the game.
About the Author
Polish-Canadian game enthusiast. I've been entrenched in gaming for as long as I can remember, with my first game being Pokemon Yellow and my most played games being Borderlands 2 and Overwatch. I have a degree in Film Studies, but writing about esports just makes my job all the better.