Act 1 of “Arcane” released to huge fanfare on Netflix this Saturday and Riot Games is moving on to the next phase of events to celebrate the launch of the series. A new event called Progress Days introduces an entirely new interactive experience on the Riot X Arcane website, giving players the ability to complete new missions that unlock several free rewards in all of Riot’s games. This guide will focus on the introductory Arcane mission as well as two side quests that give players 100 free Poro Coins in Wild Rift as well as a free Gizmos & Gadgets-themed “Ingenious Inventors” Little Legends egg in Teamfight Tactics.
Note for Google Chrome users: Before getting started, make sure you have hardware acceleration enabled or you may experience game-breaking lag.
How to start the Progress Days event on the Riot X Arcane website
To get started on the Progress Days event, navigate to the official Riot X Arcane website. Once there, click on the Explore Now button on the Progress Days screen. This will begin a conversation with three League of Legends “Arcane” champions: Heimerdinger, Jayce and Viktor. Click through the dialog boxes to complete the introductory mission “Progress Days: Worlds Beyond” and begin the interactive journey.
Riot X Arcane: ‘We Can Rebuild’ story mission
Before you can unlock any of the free rewards scattered throughout the Progress Days event, you first need to complete the introductory mission. This step-by-step guide will easily navigate you through that.
If you’ve already used our other Progress Days guides to get freebies in League of Legends or VALORANT, you can skip this section.
- Click on Heimerdinger to begin the quest “Heimerdinger’s Lab: We Can Rebuild.” This will begin a lengthy dialog with Heimerdinger, Jayce and Viktor and will also introduce Jinx as a silhouette.
- Click through the dialog until the “We Can Rebuild: Heimerdinger’s Notes” mission begins. Your next task will be to talk to Sett.
- Open the map using the icon in the top left of the screen. Head to Summoner’s Park.
- Upon loading in, talk to Gwen. This will complete the side mission “Summoner’s Park: Looking Sharp!” and activate a new mission with Jhin called “Summoner’s Park: Make a Masterpiece.” Ignore this for now.
- Drag your screen to the right until you see Sett standing in front of an arch.
- Click on Sett and talk through the dialog. Once complete, a book will spawn next to Sett.
- Pick up the book to collect Heimerdinger’s Compendium of Arcane Variance.
- Click on the map to head back to Heimerdinger’s Lab. Speak with Heimerdinger until you complete the mission “We can Rebuild: Heimerdinger’s Notes” and begin the mission “We can Rebuild: Tracking Device.”
- Talk to Heimerdinger again and complete the dialog with him, Jayce and Viktor.
- Click on the map again and head to Killjoy’s Lab. This will begin a dialog with VALORANT agents Phoenix and Killjoy.
- After completing the dialog, drag the screen to the right to find Killjoy sitting in her lab, wearing a yellow jacket.
- Talk to Killjoy. Once the dialog is complete, a black device will begin floating next to Killjoy.
- Pick up the device to collect the Radianite Tracking Device.
- Click on the map and head back to Heimerdinger’s Lab to return the tracker to Heimerdinger. This will complete the mission “We Can Rebuild: Tracking Device.”
While a few of the above tasks are not mandatory to unlock your Wild Rift and Teamfight Tactics gifts, completing them will ensure your questline is in order and will allow you to unlock all of the other rewards. From there, you can immediately begin working on side quests to unlock the new Arcane drops.
Streetside Cafe: 100 free Poro Coins in League of Legends: Wild Rift
Players looking to unlock the 100 free Poro Coins in Wild Rift will want to focus on the Riot X Arcane Streetside Cafe questline.
- Open the map and head to Streetside Cafe.
- Click through the dialog with Caitlyn until she asks you to play a game of Wild Rift. You don’t actually have to play.
- Talk to Caitlyn again and click the “Yes, no problem!” option. This will complete the mission “Streetside Cafe: New Recruit.”
- Scroll to the left of the screen until you find Yasuo holding a cup of tea.
- Speak to Yasuo, who will ask you to bring him some honeyfruit syrup and scryer’s bloom pollen. He’ll also ask for a cupcake.
- This will open an item search mini-game.
- On the mini game’s cafe screen, you can find the cupcake in the glass display on the counter, the honeyfruit syrup in a shelf to the left and the scryer’s bloom pollen on a diner table to the right.
- Once the mini-game is complete, Yasuo will automatically speak to you.
- Click through the dialog boxes until you complete the mission “Streetside Cafe: His Cup of Tea” and unlock your reward of 100 free Poro Coins in League of Legends: Wild Rift.
You can now move on with quests in other areas.
Build-A-Bot Bay: Teamfight Tactics Little Legends Egg
Those interested in receiving a free Teamfight Tactics Gizmos & Gadgets-themed “Ingenious Inventors” Little Legends egg should head to Build-A-Bot Bay next.
- Open the map and head to Build-A-Bot Bay.
- Click through the dialog with Dr. Shisa to complete the mission “Build-A-Bot Bay: Lost in Translation” and begin the mission “Build-A-Bot Bay: Be The Very Best.”
- Scroll slightly to the left and click on the purple Choncc. No really, that’s its name.
- Click through the dialog with Choncc until it tells you to play a game of Teamfight Tactics (TFT).
- Click on Choncc again and select any of the three options.
- When Choncc quizzes you on the monsters you face after the second stage of TFT, click on the option that says “Krugs.”
- Continue chatting with Choncc until you coach the Little Legend through a bot battle. This will eventually complete the mission “Build-A-Bot Bay: Be the Very Best” and unlock the next mission, “Build-A-Bot Bay: Puzzles and Pipes.”
- Drag your screen further left until you find Duckbill. Speak with it until you unlock a new mini-game.
- This mini-game is fairly straightforward. Simply rotate the pipes until you’ve got the slime flowing to all of the available targets. Once the mini-game is complete, you will return to Duckbill.
- Click through the dialog with Duckbill and Gloop to complete the mission “Build-A-Bot Bay: Puzzles and Pipes” and unlock an Ingenious Inventors Little Legends Egg in Teamfight Tactics.
You should find your rewards in-game immediately. For more Riot X Arcane Progress Days event rewards, check out our guides on redeeming a free Arcane Capsule and player icon in League of Legends and unlocking an exclusive Poro gun buddy in VALORANT.
Pizza. Music. Baseball. Wrestling. Netflix. If society thinks it's a waste of time, I'm probably addicted to it. Also, I write about stuff sometimes.