For the first time ever, Call of Duty: Warzone has a new main map besides Verdansk. Caldera is the map for Warzone Pacific and players have had to relearn an entirely new landscape in Season 1. Along with simply learning the map, players on PC have had some issues with their FPS on Caldera. It’s more lush and vibrant than Verdansk which has sometimes led to a drop in frames.
Obviously, players want the most FPS possible when playing Warzone Pacific. A higher frame rate means a smoother experience and less lag and that could be the difference in close gunfights. However, there are some questions as to which graphical settings lead to higher FPS on Caldera. One content creator has tried answering those questions and has come up with a few methods to increase FPS in Warzone Pacific.
Increasing FPS in Warzone Pacific
YouTube content creator KIRNEILL, who is well-known in the community for optimizing PCs and getting the most out of them, recently uploaded a video going over the best settings to use in Warzone Pacific. These settings could lead to a substantial increase in FPS.
There are some specific settings in the graphics menu that KIRNEILL goes over to give players a higher FPS when playing Warzone Pacific. Those settings are listed below along with what menu they can be found in.
Graphics – Display
- Dynamic Resolution: Disabled
- Custom Framerate Limit: Custom
- Gameplay Limit: 300
- Menu Limit: 60
- Out of Focus Limit: 30
- Brightness: 55 (Personal preference)
Graphics – Quality
- Field of View: 120
- Camera Movement: Least – 50%
- Streaming Quality: Low
- Texture Resolution: Very Low
- Texture Filter Anisotropic: High
- Particle Quality: High
- Bullet Impacts and Sprays: Disabled
- Tessellation: Disabled
- Dismemberment and Gore Effects: Disabled
- On-demand Texture Streaming: Disabled
- Restart Shaders Installation if having stuttering problems
- Shadow Map Resolution: Low
- Cache Spot Shadows: Enabled
- Cache Sun Shadows: Enabled
- Particle Lighting: Low
- DirectX Raytracing: Disabled
- Ambient Occlusion: Disabled
- SSR: Disabled
- Nvidia Low Latency: Enabled
- Texture Filter Quality: High Performance
The next tip for increasing FPS that KIRNEILL goes over actually takes place out of the game. Players can follow the steps below to smooth out their frame rate.
- Exit Warzone Pacific
- Go to File Explorer on the PC, then Documents
- Click on Call of Duty Modern Warfare
- Click on the folder labeled Players, then the Adv.Options file
- Change VideoMemoryScale value to 0.9
Players looking for KIRNEILL’s full optimizations in the Adv.Options file should check out his video for further explanation.
The last tip that KIRNEILL gives is enabling hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling. Players can enable this by typing hardware acceleration into the search bar on the Windows 10 taskbar and switching the bar to “on.” Players will have to restart their PC for the change to take effect but this helps reduce latency and improve performance when playing PC games.