If you’ve played any amount of Call of Duty: Warzone 2, then you have undoubtedly run into a number of bugs and error messages. These are simply a part of the game, and can often linger for weeks and even months due to the developers not releasing many updates. One of the more common error messages that players have experienced in Warzone 2 is “Voice Services Unavailable.” This is quite a significant error, as players aren’t able to talk to their teammates when this error is persisting.
Warzone 2 is all about communication when you’re playing with a squad, so players want to try and solve this error message quickly. Luckily, there are a few different fixes that players can try to get past the Voice Services Unavailable error.
Fix Warzone 2 Voice Services Unavailable Error
First and foremost, you will need to perform a few quick checks to ensure that your hardware and settings are set up correctly. Here’s a list of quick things that you can check either in the Warzone 2 settings or your personal setup:
- Ensure that your microphone is not muted, both in the in-game settings and on the mic itself
- Check the in-game Audio settings and make sure that your microphone setting is not set to “Default,” but to the mic you’re currently using
- Still in the Audio settings, check and see if Push-to-talk is enabled or disabled. If it’s enabled, then you’ll need to hit a certain button to talk to your teammates
- Also in the Audio settings, make sure you’re in the correct voice channels and that you’re using the right voice chat device to be able to hear other players in-game
Aside from those settings, you can also attempt a few additional fixes that take place out of the game.
- Restart Warzone 2 and your entire system
- Start Warzone 2 in safe mode to ensure your settings are not to blame
- Ensure your microphone works in other programs
- If it does, you can try and use one of those programs (Discord, Skype, Teamspeak, etc.) to talk to your teammates
If none of those fixes worked for you, the last step is to contact Activision Support. You can explain that you’re seeing the Voice Services Unavailable error in Warzone 2 and ask for some help resolving the issue.
Joey Carr is a full-time writer for multiple esports and gaming websites. He has 6+ years of experience covering esports and traditional sporting events, including DreamHack Atlanta, Call of Duty Championships 2017, and Super Bowl 53.