The release of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 is nearly upon us. Before the complete launch of the game, though, the Campaign is releasing in Early Access for players who have pre-ordered any edition of Modern Warfare 3.
If you played MW2 this past year, you probably remember something similar happening around this time last year. MW3 will see the same process take place, with the Campaign mode of the game going live one week (on Nov. 2) before the full release.
For any of you who decided to pre-order MW3 and experience the Campaign a week early, you are likely wondering how to actually find the Campaign mode within COD HQ, which is the new launcher for Call of Duty.
Even if you didn’t pre-order and are simply trying to play the Campaign, you might be experiencing the same confusion.
Accessing the Modern Warfare 3 campaign in COD HQ
COD HQ has become infamous for being difficult to navigate with some puzzling UI elements. Nevertheless, this appears to be the future for Call of Duty, so you absolutely want to know how to access different modes within the launcher.
For the MW3 Campaign specifically, you can follow the steps below to access the mode:
- Open up COD HQ on your console or PC. This is the default application for Call of Duty now.
- At the first screen you are brought to, skip the message of the day.
- Then, scroll down until you see a section labeled “Modern Warfare 3” with an image of Captain Price on the left side of your screen.
- You can scroll through different modes in MW3 to the right of this image, and the box labeled Campaign will be right next to multiplayer and Zombies.
- This is the only way to access the Campaign, so it will be one of the boxes that you see on your screen. Make sure you’re looking thoroughly through all of the boxes containing the different modes for Call of Duty
The location of the Campaign’s box within COD HQ will likely change over the course of the next few months.
However, it will be one of the first boxes that appears on the main COD HQ launch page in the MW3 section. As the game progresses, it will drop down to one of the lower sections.