League of Legends
Call of Duty
Data-miner @Lucas7yoshi_ has leaked the Fortnite Season 9 Week 2 challenges early. It has become customary for the week’s challenges to come out before they go live. However, these are subject to change depending on what Epic Games decides. Though, they have not changed any leaked challenges for quite some time.
In Season 8, there was little consistency in terms of how difficult the challenges were from week to week. One set would be extremely easy, and then the next would be insanely tough. Well, it seems as though for Season 9 Fortnite is leaning towards the tougher side of things.
Let’s take a look at the Week 2 challenges and how to complete them.
Season 9 Week 2 challenges
- Launch off of Air Vents in different matches (0/5) – 5 Battle Stars
- Land at Snobby Shores (Stage 1/5) / Land at Fatal Fields (2/5) / Land at Sunny Steps (3/5) / Land at Dusty Divot (4/5) / Land at Happy Hamlet (5/5) – 5 Battle Stars
- Eliminate opponents in Sunny Steps of Shifty Shafts (0/3) – 10 Battle Stars
Battle Pass Challenges
- Deal damage with pistols to opponents (0/500) – 5 Battle Stars
- Visit an oversized Phone, a big Piano, and a giant Dancing Fish Trophy (0/1) – 5 Battle Stars
- Search a chest in different named locations in a single match (0/3) – 10 Battle Stars
- Eliminate an opponent from at least 50m away (Stage 1/3) / Eliminate an opponent from at least 75m away (2/3) / Eliminate an opponent from at least 100m away (3/3) – 10 Battle Stars
While there are a couple of easy challenges, this is one of the hardest weeks in recent memory. Tough elimination tasks are what really stand out from this Week 2 list.
First, players need to pick either Sunny Steps or Shifty Shafts to eliminate enemies. Next, you need to start picking off opponents from a distance. While getting kills at 50 meters isn’t too difficult, 75 meters and 100 meters is no easy feat. Some luck and clever positioning will be key in order to complete this stage challenge.
As for the rest of the batch, nothing is over-the-top challenging. Dealing damage with pistols will take some time, as there are no dominant pistols currently, but it can be done eventually. Landing off of air vents and at five different locations is also not extremely hard.
However, searching a chest in three named locations in one match might prove time-consuming. Though, there are some strategies you can use to complete it.
For starters, you want to land in a semi-popular location, like Shifty Shafts. There is no shortage of chests and not a slew of enemies.
Next, head over to locations where not many people land, like Happy Hamlet and Frosty Flights. This will ensure the chests have not already been opened by the time you arrive. It also minimizes the chances of you being eliminated before you can finish.
That’s it for the Fortnite Season 9 Week 2 challenges! Make sure to keep checking back for different Season 9 Week 2 challenge guides!
Joey Carr is a full-time writer for multiple esports and gaming websites. He has 6+ years of experience covering esports and traditional sporting events, including DreamHack Atlanta, Call of Duty Championships 2017, and Super Bowl 53.