The first round-robin of the 2021 League of Legends World Championship group stage is well underway and, as of Day 2 (Oct. 12), the groups are looking as wide-open as ever. With plenty of favorites, but no clear front runners in any group, Upcomer compiled this score tracker to help you stay on top of who’s leading the pack (and who’s ruining your Pick’ems).
The first half of the group stage runs from Oct. 5-13. From there, the second round-robin kicks off from Oct. 14-18. The rest of the tournament schedule is as follows:
Quarterfinals: Oct. 22-25
Semifinals: Oct. 30-31
Grand finals: Nov. 6
In a roundtable preceding the main event, some members of Upcomer’s staff discussed their picks for who will escape each group. Group A was unanimously in favor of FunPlus Phoenix and DAMWON KIA advancing. Group B was almost a full group consensus, in favor of Edward Gaming and T1.
With plenty of games left to play in the group stage, there’s no telling who’ll pull ahead. But, there are plenty of storylines to follow. DetonatioN FocusMe, for example, made history by berthing the League of Legends Japan League’s first group stage qualification. If they manage to take games from 100 Thieves and upset the likes of T1 and EDG, there’s a chance they could pull off one of the most iconic underdog runs in the history of worlds.
Without further ado, here are the scores for the Worlds 2021 group stage, to be updated after each game:
Group A: DWG KIA, Cloud 9 locked
- DWG KIA (No. 1 South Korea): 6-0
- Cloud9 (No. 3 North America): 3-4
- Rogue (No. 3 Europe): 3-5
- FunPlus Phoenix (No. 2 China): 2-5
Group B: T1, EDG locked
- T1 (No. 3 South Korea): 5-1
- Edward Gaming (No. 1 China): 4-1
- 100 Thieves (No. 1 North America): 2-3
- Detonation FocusMe (Japan): 0-6
Group C: RNG, HLE locked
- Royal Never Give Up (No. 3 China): 5-2
- Hanwha Life Esports (No. 4 South Korea): 4-3
- PSG Talon (No. 1 PCS): 3-3
- Fnatic (No. 2 Europe): 1-5
- Gen.G (No. 2 South Korea): 2-1
- LNG Esports (No. 4 China): 2-1
- MAD Lions (No. 1 Europe): 1-2
- Team Liquid (No. 2 North America): 1-2
Pop culture consumer and League of Legends thought-haver. Working on becoming a weirder person.