Despite not receiving a ton of recognition from the longtime Call of Duty community, Call of Duty Mobile is arguably the most successful title in the franchise over the past few years. The mobile game has been downloaded over 400 million times and features a plethora of older content that was brought back to life. With Modern Warfare 2 quickly approaching, one YouTuber decided to ask themselves what they would want to see the new game take from COD Mobile.
The YouTuber in question is TheXclusiveAce, who is one of the most notable Call of Duty creators on the platform. In their most recent video, XclusiveAce posed the question, “What can MW2 implement from COD Mobile?”
While MW2 is likely mostly done and any feature from COD Mobile would have been implemented months ago, it doesn’t mean that some of these features can’t come to the game in the future. Modern Warfare 2 will be a two-year game, so the developers have more time to add features than they would have had in the past.
Modern Warfare 2 should learn from COD Mobile
XclusiveAce listed five features that are currently present in COD Mobile that they would like to see in MW2. Those five features are listed below along with some explanations.
- In-depth statistics in the Gunsmith — COD Mobile showcases a much more in-depth statistics page for each weapon and takes into account the attachments players are using. There’s a human model that displays exactly how much damage players will do to an enemy at certain ranges and on specific parts of the body.
- Quality of Life settings — Better settings that allow players to customize certain elements on the Heads Up Display. For example, COD Mobile allows players to change the size and opacity of text on the screen as well as alter the mini-map’s size and zoom.
- Additional Currency — There is another currency in COD Mobile (Credits) aside from COD Points that players can earn by playing and then use to unlock various content throughout the game.
- Customizable Combat Record — Players can go into their profile and customize everything regarding their Combat Record. They can add different Medals they’ve earned, and even choose whether or not to display their stats for all to see.
- Firing Range — An actual Firing Range that has moving targets, enemy models running across the screen, and a target that can be adjusted by range so players can see their recoil pattern. There’s also a dummy that displays real-time damage numbers for each shot players take at it.
Once players actually step back and look at what COD Mobile has done in its lifespan, they realize just how much content is packed into it. While it seems unlikely Modern Warfare 2 will implement all of these features, some are certainly feasible. It also should be noted that the Firing Range is apparently returning in MW2, at least according to XclusiveAce’s firsthand account of the Gunsmith.
We might see more available features coming to MW2 at Call of Duty Next, which is taking place later this month.
About the Author
Joey Carr is a full-time writer for multiple esports and gaming websites. He has 6+ years of experience covering esports and traditional sporting events, including DreamHack Atlanta, Call of Duty Championships 2017, and Super Bowl 53.