Over weeks we’ve received several teasers to introduce us to Overwatch’s 31st hero. Now we finally know what Sigma is all about. In an exclusive reveal broadcast with Twitch streamer and former Overwatch League player, Seagull, Blizzard showed off the new tank’s kit. According to Jeff Kaplan, Sigma will be available to test on PTR at 11am PST.
With the teaser based on gravity manipulation as a central theme for Sigma, his kit delivers on this promise and establishes him as a main tank. The abilities are as follows:
• Hyper Spheres: Sigma launches two gravitic charges which implode after a short duration, dealing significant damage in an area.
• Experimental Barrier: Sigma propels a floating barrier to a location of his choosing. He can recall the barrier at any time.
Match notifications, latest esports news, and more. Get the Upcomer app now.
• Kinetic Grasp: Sigma stops incoming projectiles in mid air, converting them into shields.
• Accretion: Sigma gathers a mass of debris and flings it at an enemy to knock them down.
• Gravitic Flux (Ultimate): Sigma manipulates gravity to lift nearby enemies into the air and slam them back down.
You can watch Jeff Kaplan on Seagull's stream right now here.