League of Legends
Call of Duty
The popular League of Legends game mode Nexus Blitz is back in for a limited time during the Battle Queens 2020 event. Last seen earlier this summer on the live client, Nexus Blitz has been available on the Public Beta Environment since late November. In what feels like a hybrid between the URF game mode and the retired Twisted Treeline map, Nexus Blitz is a wild game mode where no two games are the same.
What is League of Legends Nexus Blitz?
Nexus Blitz is a limited-time event that takes place on a unique map set in Ionia. Players pick one of two roles, either laning or jungling with no option for support, mid or top. Players then have to face off against opponents while completing challenges around the map. Each challenge won grants random bonuses for the temporary bonuses.
If neither team is able to seal a win by 18 minutes, a sudden death match begins where each team’s nexus will come to life. Once animated, the two nexuses will walk towards the other’s base. The first team to destroy the other’s nexus wins.
What are all the Nexus Blitz challenges?
The challenges and rewards are from the summer release of Nexus Blitz so certain challenges may have seen change in the new launch. We will update these lists as more information is revealed about the event.
- Bardle Royale (Classic): Fight for survival in the flaming circle of death while it closes in on a part of the map. The last surviving team wins.
- Bardle Royale (Paranoia): Fight for survival in the flaming circle BUT everyone is nearsighted, like you’re all being Nocturne ulted. The last surviving team wins.
- Bardle Royale (Juggernaut): Fight for survival in the flaming circle AND one random champion on each team gains a high amount of health and the On Fire! buff at the start of the event. The last surviving team wins.
- URF Deathmatch: Every player goes into URF mode surrounded by a bunch of cheering minions! Defeat the enemy team in a best-of-three to win.
- Loot Teemo: A wandering Loot Teemo spawns randomly on the map. Hitting the Loot Teemo grants players gold. The team that last-hits Teemo wins the event.
- Loot Veigar: A wandering Loot Veigar spawns randomly on the map, using Dark Matter and Event Horizon while running away. Hitting the Loot Veigar grants players gold. The team that last-hits Veigar wins the event.
- Push the Cart (Classic): Escort the cart by standing near it to move it toward the nearest enemy structure to destroy it.
- Push the Cart (Attack / Defend): Race your opponents for who can blow up an enemy structure the fastest, except now both teams have a cart they can navigate!
- Prize Fight: Both teams square off in a series of rounds, paired in fights of 2v2 and 1v1
- King of the Hill: An area of the map is designated as “the hill.” Hold the position and fend off the enemy team to claim victory.
- Scuttle Racing: Two scuttles charge down a track. One scuttle for each team, the first scuttle to reach the finish wins for their team!
- Protect the Soraka: Two Soraka bots enter the lane, but only one can leave. Beware of all the healing and bananas!
- DPS Check: It’s like practice mode, but you need to out practice your opponent’s practice on the same Teemo dummy.
Nexus Blitz rewards
- Catapult of Champions: A cannon that launches your champion anywhere on the map appears in your base for the rest of the game. Upon landing, deal damage and push away nearby enemies.
- Blessing of Blitzcrank: Allied turrets, siege minions, and super minions have the ability to Rocket Grab nearby enemies for the rest of the game.
- Poro King: The Poro King spawns to aid your team in pushing forward and sieging enemy turrets, breathing fire on enemies and healing nearby allies periodically.
- Battle Sled: Players can jump aboard a sled from their base to nearly anywhere on the map. First person in the sled is in charge of where you go.
- Guardian Angels: Each member of the team gains a one-time Guardian Angel effect, lasting 90 seconds.
- Statikk Shock: Each player gains chain lightning zaps on their basic attacks for three minutes to help mow down waves and champions.
- B.F. Shields: Each member of the team gains a hefty shield until it is broken.
- Cloud Soul: Team gets mega out-of-combat movement speed and CDR on their ultimate for three minutes.
- Ocean Soul: Restores health and mana/energy when dealing damage for three minutes.
- Elder Dragon: You can now execute enemies under a specific health threshold for a few minutes by the force of a BIG DRAGON.
Nexus Blitz is live now on League of Legends, but is only around for a limited time.
Ryan Hay is a writer and content creator currently living in New York. Video games, anime, and Magic: The Gathering have all been strong passions in his life and being able to share those passions with others is his motivation for writing. You can find him on Twitter where he complains about losing on MTG Arena a lot.