League of Legends
Call of Duty
This past weekend in London, the FIFA eWorld Cup 2018 Grand Final took place, and after months of qualification, we have a winner. Saudi Arabia’s 18-year-old Mossad “MSDOSSARY” Aldossary has the mantle of the best FIFA player in the world. Over 20 million players participated in the global tournament, but only one could be the winner. With this mantle comes bragging rights and of course a reward. For his hard work, MSDOSSARY gets to take home the FIFA eWorld Cup Trophy, USD $250,000, and a trip to the Best FIFA Football Awards.
Although this is MSDOSSARY’s first Grand Final win, this isn’t his first official FIFA tournament he’s won. In April, he came out victorious in the FUT Champions Cup in Manchester. With his win, MSDOSSARY also becomes the second Saudi Arabian to win the Grand Final. Back in 2015 when the tournament was known as the FIFA Interactive World Cup, Abdulaziz Alsheri came out on top.
Since the tournament is now officially over, let’s take a look below at the path to make it to the FIFA eWorld Cup 2018 Grand Final.
The road to the FIFA eWorld Cup 2018 Grand Final
Below is a full breakdown of how qualification began for the Grand Final.
- The first stage for qualification for the FIFA eWorld Cup Grand Final 2018 began on November 3, when players participated in various online and live events that included FUT Champions Cups, the FIFA 18 eClub World Cup, Licensed Qualifying Competitions, and Official League Partner Qualifying Competitions.
- The top 128 players advanced to two Playoff Events: FIFA 18 Global Series Playoffs, Xbox One and PlayStation 4 brackets.
- Four qualifying spots for the Global Series Playoffs were awarded to the final four players in the FIFA 18 eClub World Cup, which took place on May 20 in Paris.
- From there, the top 128 players participated in the EA Sports FIFA 18 Global Series Playoffs, held in Amsterdam from May 28 to June 3.
- 32 players, consisting of the top 16 from each console (Xbox One/PlayStation 4), then competed in the FIFA eWorld Cup Grand Final 2018.
- The FIFA eWorld Cup 2018 Grand Final took place in London from August 2 to August 4.
The prize pool for the tournament then breaks down as the following:
- Winner: $250,000 USD
- Runner-Up: $50,000 USD
- Semi-Finalists: $20,000 USD
- Quarter-Finalists: $10,000 USD
- Round of 16: $2,500 USD
FIFA eWorld Cup 2018 Grand Final
The Grand Final started off with the Xbox bracket, which saw MSDOSSARY facing off against kurt04011 in the semis. MSDOSSARY came out victorious, winning 8-3 on aggregate and placing himself in the final. Over on PlayStation, Marcuzo faced off against StefanoPinna. After a 2-1 loss in the first leg, StefanoPinna fought back heroically to win the second leg 4-3, winning on aggregate 5-4.
After a short break, the two finalists came back to face off in the final match. Playing the first-leg on PlayStation, MSDOSSARY started strong winning 2-0. Playing on Xbox for the second-leg, MSDOSSARY again came out the victor with another 2-0 victory over StefanoPinna. After months of qualification, there was finally one man left standing: MSDOSSARY.
He was ecstatic about the win, saying, “I’ve made my country proud by bringing home the trophy. This is my second event in the UK, and it’s my second win, so I think this is my second home. I’m strong on both consoles, and I defended very well on both games. I deserved to get two clean sheets in both legs.”
I hope you enjoyed our coverage on the FIFA eWorld Cup 2018 Grand Final. If you have three hours to spare and want to watch the Grand Final, you can click the link here: 2018 Grand Final.
Lastly, be sure to come back and stay updated on all the latest FIFA news.