Riot loaded up the PBE with a fresh batch of Teamfight Tactics changes for testing today, and they're touching on a few big ticket issues. In addition to standard champion unit and item balancing, ranked queue and new item drop changes are now available to try out.
We won't see regular Teamfight Tactics patch notes for a while, but thankfully Reddit user u/Aquanort took the time to look for all of the changes. Here's what new to the PBE starting today.
- New: Gromp encounter. Gromps attack similarly to how the do in League of Legends with a decaying attack speed pattern.
- Starting with Gromp, PvE battles will guarantee a mystery item drop from the strongest foe.
- Dragons will drop completed items.
- Monsters with held items now have one of three buffs: Dragon's Claw (magic resist), Red Buff (DOT effect, anti-healing), or Guardian Angel (Revive after death with 500HP).
- Mystery Items appear in your inventory after leaving your stage. They have the chance to be completed items and can't be stolen by opponents.
Never miss a moment in esports.
Match notifications, latest esports news, and more. Get the Upcomer app now.
- Ranked mode is now on the PBE with a five-match placement system.
- Top four players gain LP, bottom four lose LP.
- Depending on your position within the top four, your LP gains could be affected.
- Demons now deal 100/200/400% true damage to enemy units they burn mana from.
- Red Buff and Morellonomicon both inflict 13% of enemy's max health as physical damage and magic damage respectively over five seconds. Now completely block healing.
- Frozen Heart attack speed slow increased to 25% from 20%.
- Hextech Gunblade heal increased to 33% of damage dealt from 25%.
Quality of Life Changes
- Zeke's Convergence tooltip update.
- Range indicator for adjacent item effects added for the start of each match.
- Tooltip added for Win Streaks.
- Can now flip banners in loading screen in the same way you can on live.
- Damage charts added.
Twisted Fate was recently announced as the game's 51st champion and ranked mode is approaching quickly, so be sure to try these changes out for yourself so you'll be ready for Patch 9.14.