Camo challenges are relatively simple for the most part in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 multiplayer, but there are a few challenges that can stump even the best players. One of those challenges is getting “kills shortly after ADS,” which definitely stumped me as I was going for Forged SMGs in MW3.
This challenge is most commonly found on SMGs, but it’s also a challenge for other camos in multiplayer. As such, you need to know how to complete at some point or another if you’re going for every camo in the game. I struggled with the challenge for a few matches but eventually figured out what the game wanted from me to complete the task.
Below, you can see exactly how to get kills shortly after ADS with any weapon in MW3.
Getting kills shortly after ADS in MW3
Basically what this challenge is calling for is hipfire kills. You can’t kill an enemy any other way with a weapon after you’re done aiming down sights. However, you have to get the hipfire kills in a specific way for the challenge to progress.
For starters, you want to ensure you kit out your loadout with all of the hipfire boosting attachments you can equip. This will likely be a laser, underbarrel, stock, and rear grip, depending on your weapon. With your weapon kitted out correctly, follow my steps below to breeze through this camo challenge:
- My first piece of advice is to go into the War mode in MW3. This mode offers the most engagements and has a time limit of up to 45 minutes, giving you plenty of time to complete the challenge.
- Regardless of your game mode, you don’t want to play super passively or aggressively. Instead, wait for enemies to get distracted or flank around them.
- Then, once you have an enemy you want to shoot at, aim down sights just before fighting them. When you’re ready to shoot them, stop aiming down sights and shoot at the enemy while hipfiring.
- You have to ensure you leave enough time in between your ADS and hipfire before killing an enemy, otherwise, the kill won’t count towards the challenge.
- Repeat this process as many times as necessary.
There is certainly a learning curve with this challenge, as you have to kill an enemy during a strict timeframe after aiming down sights. If you wait too long, the kill won’t count but if you kill the enemy too quickly while hipfiring, it won’t count that way either. So just make sure you’re killing enemies a second or two after ADSing, and you should complete the challenge very quickly in MW3.