At long last, a large update has arrived for Call of Duty: Vanguard multiplayer. After two weeks of issues and dominant weapons plaguing matches, Sledgehammer Games has delivered some fixes. The Nov. 18 patch notes contain a solid amount of changes to the game. However, none may be more welcome than a nerf to the shotguns, a reduction to bloom and a fix for the Search and Destroy defuse glitch.
The full patch notes, which are also available on Sledgehammer’s website, are seen below.
Vanguard Nov. 18 patch notes
The patch itself might not be as large as some players wanted but it’s a start in the right direction. There are still some issues that need fixing, like certain camo challenges displaying the wrong information and other weapons that need a nerf or buff. For now, though, this should hold most players over until Sledgehammer can deliver another patch.
- Weapon Tuning
- Reduced the effects of ADS Spread (aka Bloom) on base weapons (without attachments).
- Balance pass on all Shotguns affecting range, pellet spread, hipfire penalty and more.
- Weapon Challenges
- Fixed an issue where the MK11 launcher’s Long Shot Challenges were not tracking.
- Corrected a mislabeled Proficiency required for the Mind Games Challenge for the Automaton.
- Fixed a bug preventing the player from completing the Deadeye Challenge for the Fighting Knife.
- UI – Gameplay
- Fixed the Search and Destroy bomb glitch where players could see when an enemy was defusing the bomb.
- Fixed the Gung Ho sprint speed shooting glitch – Slow down, friends.
- Field Upgrade
- Fixed a bug where players had 10x the amount of Armor HP than normal.
- Fixed a bug where the Grizzled Veteran Challenge – Get 50 Eliminations in Objective Modes was not tracking properly.
- Operators’ favorite weapons now provide the correct amount of XP when used.
- Clan Tags
- You know you shouldn’t be rocking the SHG, IW, and Raven tags. Now you can’t.
- Addressed an issue where the player could still interact with the Exfil portal after failing to Exfil.
- Corrected the MVP Highlight unlock text that displays when reaching Level 5 with Solange.
- Addressed an issue where Legendary Covenants were still not appearing for some players.
The biggest takeaway from this update is the nerf to shotguns. Players can no longer one-shot enemies from across a map. There’s also a nerf to the Gung-Ho Proficiency, which should nerf the Gracey Auto shotgun even further.
Aside from the shotguns, the bloom effect has been turned down for base weapons. Once players equip some attachments, the bloom can either go up or down depending on what players put on their weapons. Finally, the infamous defuse glitch has finally been patched in Vanguard, as stated in the patch notes. This fix is working correctly, allowing Search and Destroy players to rejoice.
It’s unclear when Sledgehammer will release another update. During this time, though, players have access to Triple Double XP in multiplayer and Zombies.
Joey Carr is a full-time writer for multiple esports and gaming websites. He has 6+ years of experience covering esports and traditional sporting events, including DreamHack Atlanta, Call of Duty Championships 2017, and Super Bowl 53.