League of Legends
Call of Duty
League of Legends fans have been gearing up for this day: Seraphine‘s abilities are official out, and they can finally play her on live servers come Patch 10.22. Players have anticipated he “Starry-Eyed Songstress” for months, and her social media posts have kept everyone at the edge of their seats. Riot dives deep into her bio, revealing much more than her abilities. Let’s take a look at this Piltover-born star.
Seraphine, raised by her Zaunite parents, had struggled all her life with hearing voices and songs. Eventually, these noises disrupted her everyday life, forcing her parents to purchase a shard of a rare hextech crystal to craft a device that dampened the voices. Over time, her ancestors had contacted her through a new set of voices, empowering her to pursue her life’s purpose: visit Zaun and bring unity to those struggling.
🌟 Seraphine, the Starry-Eyed Songstress 🌟
Runeterra's premier idol is taking the stage with her magical auditory synesthesia. Captivate your enemies and sing along with your allies with this pink-haired dreamer.
— League of Legends (@LeagueOfLegends) October 12, 2020
“Even in my dreams, I hear them sing.”
Seraphine’s abilities are unique and catered toward her singing talent.
P – Stage Presence
- Every third basic ability Seraphine casts will echo, automatically casting a second time.
- Casting an ability nearby an ally, she will create a Note. Each Note gives her basic attacks more attack range and deals additional magic damage, consuming the Note.
Q – High Note
- Seraphine projects a pure note, dealing magic damage that’s increased by the target’s missing health percentage.
W – Surround Sound
- Seraphine surrounds her nearby allies in a song, granting herself and her allies movement speed and a shield.
- If Seraphine is already shielded, she can heal her nearby allies, restoring health based on how many allies are near her.
E – Beat Drop
- Seraphine unleashes a heavy soundwave, dealing magic damage to enemies in a line and slowing them. Slowed enemies are rooted, and rooted enemies are stunned.
R – Encore
- Seraphine takes the stage, projecting a captivating force that charms enemies and deals magic damage.
- Any champions struck (allies included) become part of the performance, extending the range of the ability, and granting allies maximum Notes.
A Piltovan star is born
Along with her ability reveal, Riot also shared some details on who she is, and how the development team worked on her. Additionally, the team shares some beginning sketches and models that could have worked its way onto who she is now.
From the start of the Piltovan Pop Star, all the way to the finishing pieces, fans can read more about it on the official Seraphine Insights blog post.
Going live on PBE soon
Overall, fans can now look forward to trying out this exciting new champion once she goes live on October 28.